Jake Taylor's Profile
- Age - 19
- DOB - 25th October 1997
- Hometown - Retford in Nottinghamshire
- Height - 164cm
- Weight - 54kg
- Awarded new business grant & set up JT Motorsport
- Secured sponsorship link with Wallrock Wallcoverings
- Completed 1st year of MSA Academy AASE Course
- 1st season as a senior in Swift Rallycross Championship
- Selected for MSA UK WorldRX Talent Search shootout
- Speed National A race licence & passed driving test
- Completed full BRX season in Swift Sport - Overall 6th
- Completed final round with podium finish & 1st heat win
- Won Bassetlaw senior sports person of the year 2015
- Finalist for MSA RSF young driver of the year 2015
- Started Silverstone Rally School aged 12 (2009).
- Passed my B.A.R.S rally driving licence aged 14.
- Entered first official rally in 2012 + two more in 2013.
- Completed Silverstone Junior Rally Championship in 2013 (2nd Place)
- Started Rallycross in June 2013 with Peter Gwynne Motorsport.
- Competed in MSA British Rallycross Championship in Sept 2013.
- Moved focus 100% to Rallycross in 2014.
- Completed all rounds of the British Rallycross Championship 2014 in the Swift Juniors (3rd Place)
- 2015 was my 1st full season in a senior category racing in the Swift Sport Championship of British Rallycross
- Completed the 2015 season 6th overall in my debut senior year in British Rallycross
- Selected for MSA World RX Talent search shootout 2015
- Finalist for the RSF MSA young driver of the year 2015
- Completed my GCSE’s in July 2014.
- Now a student at Loughborough College as part of the MSA Academy
- Currently Studying my 2nd year of the MSA's AASE in Motorsport (Advanced Apprenticeship for Sporting Excellence)
Hobbies & Interests
- Gaming (Sim racing)
- Training & keeping fit
- Mountain Biking
- New Technology/Social Media
- Rallycross (of course!)
- Continuously improve my skills both on and off of the track.
- Support and help develop the Power Maxed Rallycross team.
- To be a successful Rallycross competitor in the future at a high level.
- Be proof that you do not need to come from a motorsport family or a wealthy background to do well in the sport.
- Be a future ambassador for Rallycross and help coach others.
- Twitter - @jaketaylorRX
- Hashtag - #thefutureisRX
- Facebook - jaketaylorRX
- Instagram - @jaketaylorRX